Tuesday, December 2, 2008

J's list

ALL RIGHT!!!! I get it, everybody has been asking me for my christmas list for 2008, so I will post it below. But you are getting what you asked for...remember that! But first for my diatribe: Many of you don't know this but I hate Christmas lists, to me it just makes the season so cheap and meaningless. Yeah yeah I know about the arguements of: but, I want to make sure you get something you like, I need to know what it is you want or need, I would be hurt if you returned it, etc... My feeling is this those of you who are going to buy me a present know me well enough to know what I like and what I don't like. You also can probably find something that would be befitting of me or would perk my interest or just flat out reminds you of me. I like creative gifts. Let me give you two examples from recent memory. Item 1: My brother-in-law last christmas- He bought me a remote control helicopter, now in the interest of full disclosure at first I thought what the hell is this for and I still have yet to play with it, but why is it a gift I like that reinforces my belief of not giving lists. Here is why, I will use it someday and I will probably use it to annoy someone in my office. My brother-in-law was obviously cognizant of this when he bought it for me. Nice work S! Item 2: My father every christmas recently- one of my favorite gifts every year comes from my dad. Why? A) I never know what it is going to be B) He puts thought and meaning into it. For example, he usually buys my brother and I and our spouses a book. Every year he spends time at the book store seeking out books that he thinks will peak our interest or that we would enjoy. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong but guess what: He takes the time to buy things that he thinks we will like. Disagree if you may but ITS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!!!

Well that is all so here is J's list in order of preference!:

  1. Season tickets to the Arizona Wildcats Mens Basketball games for the 2009-2010 season- you can buy them here. They should be cheap this year and next as the Cats are going to go through a rough 2 seasons until they hire Mark Few....You heard it here first!
  2. A new car- Don't really care what brand or model. Something that I can drive and that has sync capabilities for my cell phone. Stipulation- IT MUST BE A BRAND NEW CAR!
  3. A new motorcycle: I got into motorcycle riding this summer and love it! Here is my preference click here. If you can find it cheaper used and a year older model or something I am cool with that too! That or I would take a Buell...they just look like bad ass bikes!
  4. Arizona gear. Visit the website here.
  5. A trip to anywhere outside the U.S. and Canada- Preferably some place warm but if you are paying I don't really care!
  6. Mittens
  7. A house- preferably in Bismarck

Thats my list for now, if I think of something else I will add it soon!

J

P.S. I could also use a video camera!

No comments: